2321 Derby Street
Baja Elmwood Bungalow on Oversized Lot
With five skylights, vaulted ceilings, and an open floor plan, this 1128 sq. ft.*, 2 bed, 2 bath home lives large. Adding to its appeal is a magical and lush backyard with its own grove of trees, flat area for play, and veggie boxes, all on an oversized 5130 sq. ft. lot*. Today’s buyers will love the thoughtfully updated kitchen and bathrooms as well as the easy indoor/outdoor access. Original architectural details enhance the charm with built-ins, wood trim, and picture rails.
Featuring “paradise” Walk Score® and Bike Scores®, this home is just 5 blocks to College Ave, a foodie’s hotspot. Downtown Berkeley, with theaters, coffee, and breweries, is a great destination. Berkeley Bowl and Whole Food are each just 0.5** mile away. BART is ultra-convenient. This is a fun location in the heart of Berkeley’s best offerings.
- 2 bedrooms, 2 baths***
- Open floor plan between dining room and kitchen
- Original details: trim, doors, built-ins, picture rail
- Formal living room with fireplace
- Vaulted ceilings in living room and bedrooms
- 5 skylights
- Dining area with built-ins
- Updated kitchen with subway tile backsplash
- Updated bathroom
- Newly added 2nd bathroom (2019)
- Laundry room
- Interior and exterior paint (2019)
- Refinished hardwood floors (2019)
- 1128 sq. ft.* living space
- Framed by beautiful magnolia tree
- Lush, huge backyard with deck, landscaped area, flat area for play, vegetable boxes and outdoor kitchen area
- Long driveway for parking
- Two storage sheds: one specifically for bikes
- 5130 sq. ft. lot*
- Situated on a wide, tree-lined street
- Rated “Very Walkable” and a “Biker’s Paradise” by WalkScore.com
- Just 1 mile to Downtown Berkeley BART station**
- Just a few blocks to the Transbay bus F-line
- Only 1.4 miles to the South Berkeley Farmers market**
- Nearby brunch spots include la Note (6 blocks) and Baker & Commons (7 blocks)
- Enjoy warm summer nights on the patios of these nearby restaurants/bars: Jupiter (9 blocks), Comal (10 blocks) and Ipukku for Japanese cocktails (10 blocks)
- Only a few blocks away from the buzz of College Ave: Rialto Cinemas Elmwood, Wood Tavern, Southies and La Mediterranee
- Enjoy local brews and cocktails after work at The Starry Plough Pub, Shattuck Avenue Spats, or Trappist Provisions, all which are under a mile away
- Whole Foods Market and Berkeley Bowl are both just 0.5** miles away
- Willard Park about 2 blocks away
*Approx. per public records. Neither listing agent or seller has investigated or verified information.
**According to Google Maps
***Completed 2019 with permits, may not show up on public records. Listing agent has not verified information.
Sunday, March 17th and Sunday March 24th, 1-6pm.
Thursday, March 14th and Thursday March 21st, 10am-1pm
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Kathleen Wilson